I'm posting this small guide for all you online game enthusiasts, so you can configure and host your own online games for Korax Arena
. Hope that you find it useful.
To configure an online server for KA, you can use your own computer and connection (be aware that you might need to connect through a DSL to have a chance to run the game properly). Now, inside your 'karena' folder, you will notice a 'config.cfg' file, OK, let's open it with notepad, so we can configure some parameters to be able to play online matches!
Ready? Good! Now, inside the 'config.cfg' file, you will need to locate two lines:
If you notice, use_master will be set to 0, to play online matches you need to tell the engine that we want to use a master server, set this to 1 and it should work fine.
Now for the second line, this one is crucial to play online games, we need to describe two different situations here:IF YOU ARE HOSTING THE GAME:
- If you are hosting the game, you SHOULD put this value on this line, 127.1.0.0, this is known as an IP Address, which will locate your computer among other computers , 127.1.0.0 is known as a 'loopback' address, which will basically point to your own computer.IF YOU ARE JOINING AN ONLINE GAME:
- Secondly, you will need to run vavoom-master.exe, located on the same folder as the vavoom.exe file is, MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING IT, since it will broadcast the game you start to other users.
- Third, you will need to provide any other players you want to play with your computer's IP ADDRESS, to do this, you can google around for sites and software that provide you with this information.
- If you want to join to someone's online game, you WILL NEED TO HAVE THE SERVER (or computer running as server) IP ADDRESS, and write it on this line.IN BOTH CASES:
- If you are running a firewall, you will need to configure it, so that both Vavoom.exe and Vavoom-Mater.exe can connect to the internet and LAN.
- If you are connecting behind a router, you will need to make sure to port forward the Master Server port to it (the default port for the master server is 26000).
- Korax Team will only provide support for problems related to Korax Arena itself, or configuring the master server, not for configuring your router and/or firewall, if you need help with this, look in your router manual or google around, there are lots of sites that will help you with this, thanks for your attention to this point ;).
Korax Team isn't running any official servers as of now, we'll make sure to announce if this changes in the future
We hope you find this configuration guide useful, if you have anymore questions, please post them on this forum. This thread will remain closed for further replies, so it stays clean and clear