For reference, everything I tested was done while playing OpenGL, and on the hardest difficulty. With the exception of the first Fighter, all of my characters were played on 200% exp. Anyway got a couple of things:
-First time I tried to set my resolution to 1600x1200 it tried, but obviously did not change the resolution any. The second time I tried it, the program just crashed out to desktop, no error given. Since then I haven't had it happen again, but the game will not change my resolution to 1600x1200. I'm able to change my resolution to any of the others just fine and they take, and my monitor is capable of displaying 1600x1200. Also I'm able to alt-tab just fine.
-My first game as a Fighter went fine until I got trapped in a map (I guess the scripting isn't done yet, but I fell in a pit with no way out. Didn't seem like a glitch, it seems like an intentional part of the map, just that like a script to raise up the pit is missing or something. I got a screenshot of the pits with my Mage:
-Second game I decided to try a Mage. I went on a killing spree around town, and as soon as I got enough EXP to hit level 2, the game froze on me. The sound continued to play, but I couldn't move, nothing else on the screen was moving, and there were no sounds. This continued for about a minute or two, then I C+A+Ded out and had to kill it with Task Manager. The last lines of my debug.txt look like this... Seems like it didn't catch whatever happened.
I tried it again and got the same result, then I tried with a Fighter and the same thing happened. I was able to to level outside of town as both a Fighter and a Mage both from killing monsters and destroying scenery, so this seems to be a problem with leveling either in town or by killing NPCs.
- I'm able to pick up the level 2 (frost shards, timon's axe, serpent staff) of any class regardless of which one I'm playing, but I can only pick up my own class's level 3 (hammer, etc.) weapon, just walking right through the others.
- I think you already know about the pink outline around trees, but I was seeing that too. There's also a faint cyan outline around my HUD.
- Sometimes I can't click things in my journal. I have to move the mouse around a bit, then position it back over what I was trying to select, and click again.
- The journal seems to "queue up" actions to perform based on your button presses that it runs when the game un-pauses from you exiting the journal. Sometimes when I close my journal I immediately jump, attack, or both.
- As was already stated, the music does not always change properly when switching maps.
- Moving on the overworld map seems unresponsive. Sometimes I have to press an arrow key more than once, and I always have to wait a second or two after opening my map before I press anything or it will not register.
- Some "paths" on the map will stay drawn once you've gone down them, others disappear.
- This is probably more a problem with the Vavoom engine, but jumping while on slopes, no matter if you're going up, down, or even flat through one, is very finicky. Jumping even while not on slopes is kind of awkward, though, the height of my jumps seems to vary for no discernible reason.
- My music wasn't too loud, it seemed the perfect volume, but sounds were very, very quiet. It seemed to fluctuate depending on what map I was in, though.
Also, I dunno if you want mapping stuff here, but I noticed quite a few things in the maps I played. I understand the maps are still very much work-in-progress, unfinished, and some may even just be placeholders for now, and I don't mean to insult anyone who worked on the maps, I'm just trying to help. :d I don't know the names but I'll try my best. Anyway, here's some glitches, some stuff that may just not be finished, and some just style things:
- In the map where you can get the level 2 and 3 weapons and the heresiarch is guarding a portal:
- On the "woods" map that you get to if you go through the portal behind the Heresiarch:
- On the "final" map with Korax:
...Aaaaand that's about it. I enjoyed what I played! I'll post some thoughts on gameplay balance and how I enjoyed it in the Feedback thread. Hope I could help some!